Festival Season is here again! Festivals – mud, sun, rain, porta loos and hose pipe showers.. not the place for your favourite suitcase and Italian leather shoes.
So what do you really need to take to survive? The Sporting Lodge have handpicked a few suggestions that will help you on your way to your ultimate festival survival kit!
1. The Bag
Comfort, durability and space are most important when choosing your backpack. If you like to take all your luxuries and more we suggest the Fjallraven Kaipak 58L Rucksack. It’s practical, rugged and weatherproof. Plenty of pockets to organise your gear, a carry system with air flow and support belt with even more places to keep your stuff. Compression straps can be used when the bag is not fully loaded and it also comes with a rain cover if the weather turns bad.
If you like to travel a bit lighter we recommend choosing a Fjallraven Kanken. They range from 16L to 27L with large compartments and if you really can’t live without your technology there’s even a few with laptop compartments! View our range to find your perfect size.
2. The Outer
Umbrellas aren’t the most convenient at a festival, so a good all round outer layer is essential. For protection without the weight few have a few possibilities.
Firstly; the Fjallraven Poncho. Simple, robust and your new best friend if it starts to rain! The poncho is big enough to fit over your rucksack and can also double up as a tarp if you decide to sleep under the stars. Multifunctional and will fold up so small it can fit into your pocket, ready to go.
If you want something a bit more substantial, we enthusiastically recommend the Fjallraven Greenland Jacket. Available for Men and Women, this traditional piece will withstand the test of time. Made from hard wearing G-1000 which can be waxed for extra protection against the elements. Plenty of pockets and designed for layering up underneath. This coat is lightweight and will pack up tight if not needed. The Fjallraven Greenland Jacket comes in various styles and colours, and you can view the full range here.
Wherever in the world you’re going this year there is going to be mud, so practical footwear is a must!
For ladies, we recommend Le Chameau City All Tracks wellies. Robust and practical with exceptional comfort. Available in 4 colours and at a fantastic price of only £85!
For men, we have the Beretta Lario Wellington Boots. 100% natural rubber, with cotton and polyester lining. Features toe, forefoot and heel protection. We stock a wide range of men’s wellingtons, so if these aren’t for you see the full range here.
Another possibility if you’re not a welly person is a versatile pair of Swims shoes. Norwegian made water resistant, lightweight, fast drying durable footwear. We have a great range, from sneakers to galoshes. These Swims Penny Loafers in Brown are a classy and practical option for those hot summer days!
Here are a few key items we think will make your festival life more comfortable.
- Fjallraven Greenland Hat (£30) – durable, water resistant with a flair of style.
- Failsworth Snap brim Panama (£49.99) – Expecting Sun? Made in Ecuador by local artisans in 100% Toquilla Palm. A timeless classic.
- Fjallraven Hip Gear Bag (£60) – Perfect for your personal belongings when you leave your tent. Approx 4L.
- Fjallraven Puffy Travel Pillow (£17.50) – Small practical pillow with synthetic padding; the perfect accessory to make your stay more comfortable. Packs away neatly in its own pack bag.
- Fjallraven Waterproof Dry Sack Bags (from £15) – waterproof bags with taped seams, ideal for clothing and equipment. A really handy accessory to have whilst you’re away from home. Available in 3 sizes.
- Brunton Pulse 1500 Emergency Charger (from £25) – low battery? No problem, power up with a Brunton charger. Available in many power sizes, see our full range.
Need more inspiration? We’ve handpicked our favourite festival selection and popped them in one place for your browsing pleasure. See our full range of Festival Gear.
Think you have everything? See our checklist to make sure!